A Practitioner is a user that needs patient appointments booked in their calendar.
Your Hippocamp subscription allows you a maximum number of Practitioner users. You can increase or decrease your subscription by following this guide. Before completing the steps below, please check your subscription level and increase your maximum number of practitioners if required.
PLEASE NOTE: Although there is a practitioner ‘Role‘, this is purely to manage what access your practitioners have. Sometimes Managers and Administrators are also Practitioners, which is why there is a separate setting to activate a users ability to have appointments with patients.
Follow these steps to allow a user to have appointments with patients:
- Click Settings in the left menu, which will take you to the Users list.
- Click the practitioner’s name to go to their dashboard.
- Click Profile in the top menu.
- Scroll down to the Account Settings section.
- Click ‘Yes’ to Is this person a Practitioner? (screenshot below).
- Assign a default clinic to the practitioner.
- In Practitioner Settings section, add a Designation, Description and Default Appointment Type. These can be added at a later date.
- Click ‘Update User’.