Setting up automatic SMS and email reminders is a crucial step in helping your patients arrive on time. They can also be used for marketing messages or follow-up reminders for certain appointment types. For example, if you need your patients to email results to you after a treatment, you can set up a reminder that is sent 1 month after the appointment.
This example shows how to set up a standard appointment reminder 24 hours before an appointment.
- Go to Settings > Reminders.
- Click the green ‘Add Reminder’ button at the top right of the screen.
- Give your reminder a title. This is for your reference only.
- In the ‘To a’ field choose ‘Patient’.
- In the ‘Send’ field choose ‘Email & SMS’ for the best results. You can choose ‘SMS’ or ‘Email’ if that is more appropriate.
- In the ‘Timeframe’ section, enter 24 in the ‘Quantity’ field and select ‘Hours’ from the ‘Duration’ drop-down menu. Alternatively, you can select ‘1 day’ for example.
- In the ‘Trigger’ drop-down, select ‘Before an Appointment Starts’.
- Under ‘Appointment types’ you can select all or individual appointment types.
- Enter the email and/or SMS message. You can use the merge fields to personalise the message.
- Click ‘Add Reminder’ to save.