Adding a patient while making an appointment from the calendar
This is a common task carried out by reception staff who are answering calls and booking in new patients over the phone.
- From the left-hand side menu, click Appointments to start the appointment booking process.
- Navigate to the clinic/practitioner, day and time that you would like to book.
- Click the time slot you would like to make an appointment. The sidebar will open with as many details pre-filled as possible based on where you clicked.
- Click the plus symbol next to the ‘Patient’ field. More fields will then display.
- Add the new patient’s details. You are only required to add the ‘First Name’ and ‘Last Name’. All other fields are optional and can be edited at a later date from the patient profile.
- Check that the appointment details are correct and then click ‘Add Appointment’.
- The new patient will be added to the database and their first appointment is saved to the calendar.